Saturday, April 9, 2022

 Tribute - Betty Raulen Bauer

Margaret, thank you for the kind words...You have always had sweet heart. I didn't submit a video tribute because, while I had worked ON computers for most of my working career, I am still technologically challenged (even have to find the youngsters at church to help me figure out my smart phone). That being said, I do not even have a camera on my computer.


I just read Mike Barnes tribute and I can kind of relate. I don't have a lot of significant memories of high school (none bad, just not a lot in general). I often felt part of the furniture. (And that's ok...) I will have to say that we all received an extremely good education and it did me in good stead as I matured. I do remember that since I was a young child I always wanted to be a nurse and that's what I geared my class selections on...including 2 years of Latin (that was a looong 2 years). However, at the end of junior year I no longer had that desire (still don't know to this day why I changed my mind) and restructured my class choices. Consequently, after graduation I joined the work force......and finally retired in 2005. The most enjoyable of all those years were the years I spent in the defense industry. I still miss the work I was doing (the most recent was on the B2 Bomber program but I can't tell you what I was doing. Since I had a high-level security clearance “I'd have to kill you if I told you” - Security Officers' standing joke). Finally did get a college degree......in 1988 (took me 9 years to do it).


I have been married 2 ½ times........yes, 2 ½. My second husband was a bigamist. (Not one of my finest moments). Gratefully turned my husband-choices over to the Lord and Bob and I have been married for 42 years. I have no children but Bob lets me share his daughter, grandson and great-granddaughter. We've been living in Oklahoma 24 years and really like it here. (Well, except during tornado season)


Please tell our classmates that I wish them all well...and to enjoy your time together.

With affection,

Betty (Raulen) Bauer